There’s a number of reason’s why you should enter the UKRoC 2017 competition. Not only does the competition inspire and encourage young people to learn more about the Aerospace industry, but it also involves other excellent STEM engagement activities and it helps young people to learn new or improve on current social skills such as team work, working with adults and competing against other young people from around the world.
Here’s a few more reasons why you should enter today:
- It’s free to enter and it’s fun! Teams just need to cover the cost of the rocket build and associated equipment (approx. £200-£300).
- An extension to what students are already learning in Science, Technology and Maths – but in an interactive and engaging way.
- The winning UK team will receive a paid-for trip to Paris International Airshow 2017 to compete against the winning teams from America, France and Japan.
- In 2016 Major Tim Peake presented the International Award Presentation and former Apollo 13 astronaut Al Worden attended the competition.
- It’s a great way for young people to gain hands-on engineering and presentation skills.
- Cash prizes, certificates and awards for winning teams, and their associated youth group or school.
- Positive media and press opportunities for your youth group or school.