The competition inspires and encourages young people to learn more about the Aerospace industry, but it also involves other excellent STEM engagement activities and it helps young people to learn new or improve on current social skills such as team work, working with adults and competing against other young people from around the world.
Here’s a few reasons why you should enter:
- It’s free to enter and it’s fun! Teams just need to cover the cost of the rocket build and associated equipment (approx. £200-£300).
- An extension to what students are already learning in Science, Technology and Maths – but in an interactive and engaging way.
- It’s a great way for young people to gain hands-on engineering and presentation skills.
- The winning UK team will receive a paid-for trip to Farnborough International Airshow 2018 to compete against the winning teams from America, France and Japan.
- In 2016 Major Tim Peake presented the International Award Presentation and former Apollo 13 astronaut Al Worden attended the competition.
- Cash prizes, certificates and awards for winning teams, and their associated youth group or school.
- Positive media and press opportunities for your youth group or school.
Who can enter: Rocketry is a great opportunity for young people aged 11 – 18 who…
- Have a strong interest in design, maths, art and/or science
- Thrive when working in a team environment
- Enjoy problem solving
- Would relish the opportunity to meet with industry aviation, space leaders and experts
How to Enter: Registration for the UKRoC 2018 competition will open on Wed 6 September 2017.