We know entering into the competition can seem daunting for first timers (and those that have had a few years out) but rest assured that we want the competition to be as accessible as possible. We have developed several documents, guides, toolkits and video links to help you along the way…
Please read through the below documents for guidance on how to build your rocket:
- Materials for Model Rockets
- UKRoC Rocket Materials List-2020
- Model Rocket Construction
- UKRoC Approved Motor List
We highly recommend you maintain a logbook throughout the build of your rocket. If you reach the National Final, you <b>will<\b> be asked to present your logbook to a panel of judges. The UK winner, who attends the International Final will also have to present a logbook as part of the competition. It is entirely up to your team how detailed your logbook is. An example of previous logbooks to guide you can be found here Rocketry-Logbook-2020
- Sponsorship Letter Example – this can be personalised to your school/youth group and distributed to local businesses to seek sponsorship for UKRoC towards associated costs, i.e. materials, insurance or travel
- Risk Assessment – this may be required for any test launches a team may plan to undertake
- Schools Press Release Template – this can be personalise to your school/youth group and can be distributed to local media outlets
- If you have any questions about the competition, please click
- for our UKRoC Facebook page, where you can post your questions, share any hints/ tips and discuss the competition with other participating teams! We will aim to respond to your queries within 48 hours.
You can also view our UKROC FAQS document.
Compulsory BMFA Insurance – IMPORTANT!
It is mandatory that all teams entering UKRoC obtain their own BMFA insurance in order to launch rockets at our regional, national and international events. If you fail to obtain this insurance, you will not be able to launch your rockets at any of our events – and we don’t want that to happen!
For full information and prices, please contact BMFA directly on +44 (0) 116 244 0028/ firstname.lastname@example.org