How to Enter:
Registrations for UKRoC will be managed online via the ADS website for 2018. Please follow the below steps to complete your competition registration.
1 – Click here to register for an ADS website account.
- Click the ‘register’ button to create a non-member account
- Complete your registration details for an account – this involves entering account, personal, company details and completing a human verification task
- You will receive an automated approval email for your account – please note this may take up to two hours
- Follow the instructions on the automated email – your account is then created and finalised
2 – Click here to view the event page and register for the competition, you will be required to enter your supervising adult details – your team names will not be needed at this stage.
3 – Press the ‘buy now’ button to purchase the relevant regional event or self qualification option that you wish to register for.
As our registration process is new this year, please do not hesitate to contact the UKRoC team if you have any questions.
Here’s a few reasons why you should enter:
- It’s free to enter and it’s fun! Teams just need to cover the cost of the rocket build and associated equipment (approx. £200-£300).
- An extension to what students are already learning in Science, Technology and Maths – but in an interactive and engaging way.
- It’s a great way for young people to gain hands-on engineering and presentation skills.
- The winning UK team will receive a paid-for trip to Farnborough International Airshow 2018 to compete against the winning teams from America, France and Japan.
- In 2016 Major Tim Peake presented the International Award Presentation and former Apollo 13 astronaut Al Worden attended the competition.
- Cash prizes, certificates and awards for winning teams, and their associated youth group or school.
- Positive media and press opportunities for your youth group or school.
Who can enter: Rocketry is a great opportunity for young people aged 11 – 18 who…
- Have a strong interest in design, maths, art and/or science
- Thrive when working in a team environment
- Enjoy problem solving
- Would relish the opportunity to meet with industry aviation, space leaders and experts